Jummah Services are suspended until further notice. Please review full statement below.
Assalamu Alaykum Dear Community Members,
We hope this letter finds you in the best of health and Imaan.
The following message is in relation to the state of Islamic Center of Tucson (ICT) masjid affairs in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic. The last statement sent out from the ICT Board of Directors, with the support of some of our community’s medical professionals, encouraged individuals to practice all precautions to avoid COVID-19, including staying home when possible.
Unfortunately, the local and statewide situation has only become more severe since then. Specifically for Pima County :
- COVID-19 risk level is at the highest (worst) ‘severe outbreak” category
- Daily new cases in the “very dangerous number of new cases” category
On a statewide level for Arizona:
- University of Arizona’s College of Public Health researchers are reporting 100 deaths per day in Arizona
- Officials are predicting the next few weeks ahead to be as high as 200-400 deaths per day due to COVID-19
- Alarmingly, Arizona is currently named as the “hot spot of the world”
Considering all the above, the ICT Board of Directors has agreed to close down the ICT for all daily prayers, including Jummah – effective immediately, until further notice.We’ll continue to assess the situation and seek professional advice on the earliest we can re-open for in-person services.
We feel that it would be our role in mitigating the widespread transmission of this virus, especially considering the alarming transmission rate. Please continue to practice all precautions and limit contact to only those you live with, as directed by health officials. Keep those affected and those who have passed in your duaas. Our community needs your support now more than ever.
If there are any further questions or concerns, please address them directly to the BOD at [email protected].
Islamic Center of Tucson Board of Directors